Alka-Seltzer Original Effervescent Antacid Tablets 12 ct.
Let’s Get Personal! Shop More Dollar Deals
Uses for the temporary relief of:
- Heartburn, acid indigestion, and sour stomach when accompanied with headache or body aches and pains
- Upset stomach with headache from overindulgence in food or drink
- Headache, body aches, and pain alone
MADE IN GERMANY
Active Ingredients (in Each Tablet)...Purpose
Anhydrous Citric Acid 1000mg...Antacid
Aspirin 325mg (NSAID)*...Analgesic
Sodium Bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1916mg...Antacid
*Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Inactive Ingredients None
- fully dissolve 2 tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking
Adults and children 12 years and over, use 2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours
Adults 60 years and over, use 2 tablets every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor. Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours
Children under 12 years, consult a doctor.
Do not use if pouch is torn or open.
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause serve stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- symptoms get worse or last more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away.